Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Another basic rant

Yes, I really do have something against trends.

Yes, it might have something do with my upbringing.

The so-called "emo" trend is growing at an appalling rate while those who flame against it grow in ranks day by day.

So you'll probably be asking which side I'll be taking. As I am a certified rock enthustiast you would probably think that I'd side with the "emo's" but no. To the anti's? No as well.

People refuse to look at the origins of this so-called trend. If it even is one. They judge that one belong to a certain class only according to how they look. The hair, the pants, the shirt, the shoes. And what makes it worse is that this minority does not do anything about it! Think about stereotyping, a bummer no?

Define emo I asked people. And they give you shit like look at his hair, tignan mo naman itsura nyan. It results in an almost immediate response of what the fuck. This is clearly not right. Emo means emotional. A state of being if I may. And this practically refers to a whole lot of other lifestyles. Goth when you think of it is not just a fashion statement. Cause it isn't! Its a goddamned state of being you arseholes. Sorry for the term. Just a bit heated up.

Emo does not have to do with the lyrics as well. Sadly if we classified songs according to the lyrics the great Bon Jovi himself would have to be called an emo. =] Great no? I doubt people ever looked at it from that angle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Same.

Actually, believe it or not, my CLE teacher understand this shit.

EMO = Not a lifestyle, definitely not a fashion statement. It's nothing but being "Emotionaly Unstable"

That pretty much sums up everything.

Miss your company.

- Signed,
No-one significant